Saturday, May 11, 2013

Emel Mathlouthi - Ma Lkit : Not Found

Emel Mathlouthi, originated from Tunis, Tunisia, is a  singer and poet and a highly creative composer.
Ma lakit means NOT FOUND.

English Translation : 

I couldn't find a place where I can close my eyes
I couldn't find one friend who can give me an answer
I couldn't find a wave which can take me far away, far away

I couldn't find words to express how frustrated I am
I couldn't find anything which can explain what's happening
I couldn't find a tune that can break the hatred in human beings

I couldn't find my people
I couldn't find my family
I couldn't find ease
I couldn't find happiness
I couldn't find my way
I couldn't find my path

I couldn't find a firebrand to burn my feelings for me
I couldn't find the faith which could fill my existence
The existence which can no longer find a single scrap of goodness to moderate it


Arabic lyric

ما لقيت بلاصة نمشي 
نغمض فيها عيني 
ما لقيت صاحب واحد 
يعرف لـيرد علي 
ما لقيت موجة تبحر 
تبحر بي لبعيد...بعيد 

ما لقيت كلام نقولو 
نعبر به راني حاير 
ما لقيت حاجة تفسر 
تفسر معنى اللي صاير 
ما لقيت لحن يكسر 
يكسر حقد الانسان 

ما لقيت ناسي 
ما لقيت أهلي 
ما لقيت راحة 
ما لقيت فرحة 
ما لقيت طريقي 
ما لقيت ثنيتي 

ما لقيت جمرة نجم 
نحرق بيها احساسي 
ما لقيت عمرة حتى 
بالكذب تملالي كاسي 
الكاس إلي ما عاد يلقى 
قطرة خير تعبيه

No comments: