Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Majida El Roumi - Kalimat : Words

This is one of my personally favorite Arabic songs. It's a very classic one from Nizar Qabani's poem - Kalimat. (words)
The first time for me to listen to Kalimat was when I was in the junior year in uni...It did amaze me! 
Majida ElRoumi... I think everyone knows her! She's a very famous Lebanese singer since 1970s.
這首歌我實在無法把它翻成中文,中文造詣太差強人意了...sorry ~~


English Translation :
He tells me as he dances with me,
Words that aren't like any other words
He takes me up underneath my arm
And plants me in a cloud

And the black rain in my eye
Getting poured down with heavy drops...
He holds me with him... he holds me
To an evening on a pink balcony..

And I am like a little girl within his hand
Like a feather carried by the breezes
Ah.. Ah.. in his hands like a father carried by the breezes.
Ah.. Ah.. in his hands like a father carried by the breezes.

He gives me a sun... he gives me a summer.
He gives me a sun... he gives me a summer and a herd of swallows

He tells me... that I am his masterpiece
And that I worth thousands of stars
He tells me... that I am his masterpiece
And that I equal thousands of stars
And that I am a treasure... and that I am
The most beautiful portrait he had ever seen
Words... words... words... words

He tells me things that make me giddy
Which make me forget the dance floor and all the steps
Words that upturn my whole history
That make of me a woman in a few moments

He builds me a castle of illusions
I don't live in it, I don't live in it, and I don't live in it... 
Except for a few moments.

Ah... And I return, I return to my table 
I return, and I return to my table
Carrying nothing... Carrying nothing... except words
Words that aren't like any other words, Words that aren't like any other words
Carrying nothing... Carrying nothing... except words... words... words.



Arabic Text
يأخذني من تحـتِ ذراعي
يزرعني في إحدى الغيمات
والمطـرُ الأسـودُ في عيني
يتساقـطُ زخاتٍ.. زخات

يحملـني معـهُ.. يحملـني
لمسـاءٍ ورديِ الشُـرفـات

وأنا.. كالطفلـةِ في يـدهِ
كالريشةِ تحملها النسمـات

يحمـلُ لي سبعـةَ أقمـارٍ
بيديـهِ وحُزمـةَ أغنيـات

يهديني شمسـاً.. يهـديني
صيفاً.. وقطيـعَ سنونوَّات

يخـبرني.. أني تحفتـهُ
وأساوي آلافَ النجمات
و بأنـي كنـزٌ... وبأني
أجملُ ما شاهدَ من لوحات

يروي أشيـاءَ تدوخـني
تنسيني المرقصَ والخطوات
كلماتٍ تقلـبُ تاريخي
تجعلني امرأةً في لحظـات
يبني لي قصـراً من وهـمٍ
لا أسكنُ فيهِ سوى لحظات
وأعودُ.. أعودُ لطـاولـتي
لا شيءَ معي.. إلا كلمات

No comments: